I’m going to need a chart tool for ASP (classic) for a project I am currently working on. A quick survey of what is available on the web yeilded the following:
- An HTML Bar Chart Class for ASP – Very lightweight, runs in classic ASP using a VBScript class, but supports bar charts only.
- MS Chart Example – A client-side ActiveX chart control.
- Create Snazzy Web Charts and Graphics On the Fly with the .NET Framework – MSDN suggestions.
- WebChart Demo – ASP.Net – A free WebChart class library from a Microsoft developer. [source]
- Dundas Chart – Seems to be the standard comercial charting solution, but it carries a sticker price of $999.00.
More recently, I found Steven C. Orr’s article on Bar Graphs to Go, which is a simple implentation of a bar chart using an ASP.Net control to render a no frills (and no overhead) HTML/CSS bar chart.