- Send unformatted HTML with content type set to application/vnd.ms-excel
- Increase control over formatting and file properties using XML and CSS w/in HTML.
- Writng a CSV response
- Using the file system object to write a text file
- Office Web Components may be the “right” way, but they require a license of Office 2000 to be installed on the web server and that each client have an Office license.
4 Guys From Rolla article on using the OWC to Stream Recordset results as an Excel document.
- Several ways to integrate ASP, XML, and Excel – This includes a section on using ASP to Transform an XML-Persisted ADO Recordset into an XML Spreadsheet.
- Soft Artisanns Excel Writer appeaers to be the industry standard third party solution, and surprise, surprise, it costs between $500.00 and $1500.00.
I like the use the GetString method of the Recordset object in some of the above.